______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 30, 2010

On Top of the World, Looking Down

You can take the girl out of the '70s, but you can't take the '70s out of the girl.

With apologies to Linda and Richard Carpenter. Go
here for a better version of this classic hit and to get the tune stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

Such a feelin's comin' over me

There is wonder in most everything I see

Not a cloud in the sky

Got the sun in my eyes

And I won't be surprised if it's a dream


...

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation

And the only explanation I can find

For New York City's ever crowding problems

is creative use of spatial relations

(Can you see the free parking spot, or the hammock swinging in the breeze?)



Something in the wind has learned my name

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same

In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze

There's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me


(I think it's just the endorphin rush from all the exercise. This is just the view from the gym and then up close!)


I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation

And the only explanation I can find

Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around

Your love's put me at the top of the world



(That would be the love of NEW YORK! Just to be clear.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to visit New york someday. Great photos!