______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Letters from Roa S - Sept. 14, 1993

Views of Ogden, c. August 2010
L: Background: second floor apartment where Grandma Roa used to live. Foreground: the ground floor apartment where she lived for the last decades of her life
Right across the street from
R: Aunt Jerry and Uncle Jack's house (Behind the pine trees, there is a house --I swear.)

Sept 14 93

Ogden, Utah

Dear [Granddaughter],

I’m sorry I’m so slow in writing. I just keep putting it of[sic] and don’t get it done. I had a real good birthday the girls said they thought since I was 75 it should be a little diffrent[sic]. I said I didn’t want to have it at all but I guess its somthing[sic] I couldn’t put off. 75 is old I didn’t think I would get there now I guess I’ll have to look for 80. Thank you for the nice card!

Now we have to think about Jed going on his mission and your Dad coming with him in Dec. It’s been a long time since he was here last & you guys its been for ever.

How is school & work coming are you going to be through after the quarter if so what are you going to do or hope to do.

Cora had a weeks vacation & we took a day & went to Park City. I’d like to go when we had more time. Aunt Teddy [Grandma's brother Wayne's widow] came up from Provo & she got lost & got on a road going the wrong way. The police stoped[sic] her & excorted[sic] her to where she thought she wanted to go. We were waiting at McDonalds & saw her go by so we followed & by the time we got where she was she had turned around & went back where we had been finly[sic] got together had lunch & went looking around. I was looking for an outfit like the one you guys to me for my birthday for Jerry. Jack had said he wanting Jerry to have one well I didn’t find one but it was fun to do something diffrent[sic]. Then we went down provo canyon so we could see how Teddy’s cabin was coming along. It is going to be real nice she thinks it will never be ready but you can’t just say you want it bilt[sic] & have it done in a week.

Jerry is doing well she will start reconstruction pretty soon then she will feel better about everything. [Aunt Jerry is a breast cancer survivor. I need to remember that more often. Go Aunt Jerry!]

Cora likes her new job better it isn’t pressure like she did have & she is getting a little more mony[sic] & that helps.

I’ve had a good summer hope you have to[sic]

Lots of Love

Grandma
Views from Aunt Teddy's Cabin in Provo, c. August 2010:
The new bridge dedicated in honor of Uncle Wayne's service. You can see the plaque on the left side. Uncle Wayne's name can also be found on the Wall at the Vietnam Memorial in D.C.
Squaw Peak in Provo

No comments: