______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Summer Fridays/River/Road Trip 2010: The Fair, Crafts

You know Auntie Nettie can't go to a county fair and not spend some time in the Arts and Crafts section!

On top of being air conditioned, this hall was nice because it had stuff for little people to play with, and room for them to run around. While I was off quickly looking at all the quilts, homemade clothing, baked and canned goods, and the yarn crafst, the girls were able to run around and ride bikes, trykes, and big-wheels. It was good for them to be able to be entertained, while I was oggling and admiring the work and talking to other craftswomen.

Look at these cuties -- Amber is entertaining thoughts of being Cinderella and Elle just doesn't know what to think.

I think there were more quilts at this County Fair than there were at the quilt show I went to last October with Kelli. In relation to all of the other crafts in the hall, the quilting and sewing objects far outnumbered yarn craft. It's a regional/cultural thing -- like the canning displays.

Looking at some of the crochet objects that won ribbons, I feel like I could have had a good shot at placing in the crochet category. If I was up against experienced knitters? Not a chance. Plus, look at the lace work. You don't see that too often.



The crafting theme carried through the afternoon. Over in the food hall/entertainment space, they had covered 8-ft. tables with coloring areas. One minor problem? A standard 8-ft. table is just a TAD too high for 2 year olds. Poor Elle. she did her best though. You've never seen such colorful dinosaurs!

No comments: