______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!


And once again, that annual event has rolled around, Talk Like a Pirate Day!

ARGGHHHHHH! Me thinks that somewhere in my brother's genetic heritage is that one mythical Mediterranean seafaring relative that we can't quite track down through the genealogy.

I mean look at him. He constantly is walking the plank whenever he's on the river, and would sing "yo ho, yo ho" if it didn't make him seem even more odd than he is.
Lest you think that pirates only exist on the coasts, let me tell you, from actually seeing them, that pirates are still operating on the river ways of Idaho. They call themselves prospectors -- modern-day gold prospectors, but they are still like pirates.

They have a twisted sense of humor. Check out the label on their watercraft. I wouldn't recommend that landlubbers make comments about prospecting, panning for gold, or anything snarky, because you never know where pirates are lurking. Suddenly, these scurvy lads all descended down the boatramp, having emerged from the brush. From the looks of them, they were probably up there drinking some grog ...

Talk about bilge rats. All they needed was a jolly roger on the raft!

For more information about Talk Like a Pirate Day, click here.

No comments: