______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 1, 2010

Letters from Roa S - Oct. 1, 1990

Apparently I was having some adjustment issues getting used to having a roommate for the first time, and other issues pertaining to the first month of college. Freshman year is an interesting time of learning how to be on your own, sharing space with a roommate, making new friends, and finding yourself. I survived, and some of the first friends that I made the first few days, weeks, and months of college are still some of my closest confidants.

It's been 20 years since this letter. Cousin Cindy is now a grandmother. D.J.'s older sister Jackie had Cindy's first grandchild. D.J. has also grown up. I'm sure that Grandma would still think that he was sort of cute, but I'm not sure what she would have to say about ANY of her male descendants.

10-1-90

Ogden, UT

Dear [Granddaughter],

I was real glad to get your card. Your mom said it was on the way, so I was looking for it.

We had had quite a week here [cousin] Cindy had her baby on Friday afternoon of course we know it was a boy [D.J.]. He is sort of cute, don’t know how that happens when they get so diffrent[sic] as they grow up. Boys.

I hope you get things worked out with your friends and roomate[sic]. I’m sure its all so diffrent[sic] but it will all work out if you keep trying.

It seems like a long time since I was back there at [my high school] graduation. I’m glad I got to come & saw your new school I bet its real pretty now with the trees turning & there is so many of them or do you have time to look? Take a picture OK.

This is short but I’m thinking of you.

Love

Grandma

1 comment:

Kristin.... said...

First day of school, first class of the year, first friend I made. Love you!