______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back to School Fall 2010

I really don't know what happened to the month of September. I know it happened. I know it meant that it was Back to School time. I know it meant that Fall was supposed to arrive, but I remember 90 degree days last month. It all passed in a blur, though I did realize one day that the sun was setting sooner and sooner.

Here's the view out my office window at 6:00 one night. That's just too early for it to be dark, I'm sorry. I'm not ready for it to be dark early!

Now it's October and I finally have a series of Back to School photos of most of my nieces and nephews to share. Auntie Nettie is amazed at how grown up everyone is getting!

My Blondie Girls ' mama reports:

The First Day of School arrived for us Wednesday, the 25th of August. Stella (middle) started 5th grade and Trudie (left) and Storey (right) are now 3rd graders! It’s hard to believe so much time has passed. We are settling into our routines of school and activities. Stella & Trudie are playing Travel soccer this year for the first time – fun, but intense. Storey is still figure skating and will be competing more often this year*. And Stella had begun playing her violin with the Elgin Youth Symphony. We are busy, but have a good balance of sports, school and fun.

*Well, Storey was supposed to skate this fall. Little bird seriously cracked an arm on the monkey bars. Feel better soon my Storey. You need to get better so you can teach me to ice skate next summer.

The Northern Crew started a bit later. According to their mama, "[August 30th] was the first day of school for Meg and Drew. Hard to believe Meg is a 4th grader and Drew is a Kindergartner! Annie and Izzie start their preschool adventure next week and cannot wait."
Neither could their mama. She SERIOUSLY needed a couple hours off from all of her kids, or else an intervention would have had to have been staged (and may still be). So far I haven't heard that cocktails were inhaled, but I wouldn't be surprised.

In Western States, my Drewbug was off to school again. How did he go from this four short years ago ...to this confident guy? He officially started kindergarten at the end of August. KINDGERGARTEN? What's next? Prom? Graduation? Auntie Nettie feels old.
This feeling only gets stronger when you look at Ms. Amber, all dolled up for her first day of pre-school. She's so tall! She's 4 going on 14-- with the 'tude to match. There's no fear in this one. Look at her poised to go and play and learn. Not to be outdone, Amber's little sister Elle got to go and take a class of her own this year, without big sister. For a 2-year old, Elle-belle can MOVE, which must come from the other side of the family (Thank you Christina), so off to dance class it was. Is it wrong to be jealous of the poise and rhythm of your nieces and nephews?


Yes? Phooey. I am though.

Anyway,

ONCE AGAIN Congrats to all my sisterfriends for surviving the summer with my oh-so-darling nieces and nephews. YOU MADE IT. You didn't think you would, but you did! Gold stars for you all!


Photos courtesy of their proud parental units.

No comments: