______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 29, 2010

Random Rooftop View from the East Side

A few weeks ago I had a girls' overnight in New York with a college friend. Waking up in an apartment on the 14th floor of a high rise is slightly, oh-so-slightly, quieter than the noises I'm used to experiencing in the studio in my bit of New York.

The views from her balcony were amazing. (Sadly, Auntie Nettie's Attic does not have a balcony, or access to the rooftop.) It also provides a glimpse into some of the secret lives of New Yorkers, and a different perspective on the City.

Views to the East
Looking down from the balcony, right across
This church is so close to its neighbors. Too close. Almost inseparable, you might say.craning to the left, andanother one down below -- to the left. I love the art on their brick wall.But by far, my favorite was the apartment and deck on the building farther across the way from the church. If you can't get to Sagg Harbor, you do your best to improvise.

One day, Auntie Nettie's Attic is going to have a balcony and/or deck, and the studio can move back into a real attic, where it truly belongs.

File this under: real estate envy/location, location, location jealousy.


Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

With apologies to the Jeffersons.

Darn it, now I want some pie!

No comments: