______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Letters from Ollie J - Oct. 27, 1992

27 Oct 1992

[The Farm
Pikeville, NC]

Dear GrandDaughter,

I am doing fairly well. We went to the temple Friday (23) and Saturday (24). Had a very nice experience. Still a long ride.

You have a quite a list of subjects to study for. Sure it gets hectic at times. If wasn’t hard be no need to be there. With Study am sure you’ll make it.

The Buliten[sic] shows you are working hard. Proud of you.

Physics is a pain. I tryed[sic] it once year in high school. Not my favorit[sic] subject.

Nice you can relax now and then. Careful you don’t need a nervous breakdown.

[editted for content]

Look for Cheerful things to help you and how about Church do you get to be there?

We had a big Jack Frost so every thing is Changing Leaves are pretty. Weeds are black. Not picked soybeans yet but they are most ready.

I made myself a new Temple dress. Now to finish a Navy suit to wear to Church. Seems hard to settle down and sew.

Have about read Spencer W. Kimball by his sons. Have found it quite enjoyable. Yes had read it before.

Been cool enough have had a fire in heater. Is some warmer today. Could use some rain.

Helped a neighbor quilt a quilt so am not out of a job yet.

Want to get all the pictures sorted and put in books to preserve them. Haven’t found the negative you desired still looking. [probably my grandfather -- STILL don't have a picture of him]

Had my hair cut and got a permant[sic]. It looks better.

My cold is most gone. Got Flu shot too. Trying to stay well and happy.

Take care of your self and be very Careful on the road. Some one said Crazy people out there.

Love you very much

Grandma

Most forgot

Study your Spanish so you can help people find their way about

No comments: