______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Amazing Adventures of the Shushing Librarian: Road Not Taken

Hey there. It's The Shushing Librarian -- Ol' S.L. herself. Auntie Nettie is off with the girls again on another beach vacation, this time to the Cape of Cod for a long weekend. For all that she said she didn't do anything this summer/fall, Nettie's been so busy blogging about everything that I haven't had a chance to chime in. It's just as well. MY adventures with B & C were so overwhelming that I haven't had a chance to write them all up yet either. (Perhaps you saw my earlier postcards?)

Until then, and since I have the forum, can I just say that apparently there were some very cool things out West that I would have enjoyed tremendously had I not had a scheduling conflict!

Auntie Nettie's aunt and uncle had a garage full of vehicles that I could have borrowed. Look at them all. They are as vintage as me. (Is that a version of Bella's pickup?)
The lead foot that has gotten Grandmary and Auntie Nettie into trouble is a family trait. Uncle Jack says it like this:
Well, okay then. I like things a bit more sedate.

I'm pleased to know that there is a family cabin available for future rentals, complete with a dock, dingy, and a deck.
Closer inspection reveals an outboard motor in case I lose an oar, as well as fishing supplies.
When the cabin isn't being used by family members, it looks like Uncle Jack runs some kind of outfit. Boyd charges more because of the bar tending, though. I can just glimpse the fridge. Poor Boyd will just have to get out of my way. The bar and fridge will be allll mine. I'm shushed out. I need a break in a cabin ASAP!
Auntie Nettie also spotted a means for me to get back out West that does not include being trapped in an auto with her relatives. If I connect at this JC Mickelson's restaurant, I can avoid some of the interstates and go by rail. It's so cute. Look at all the vintage box cars and the locomotive.


The wooden trestle bridge is a little scary, but if rail travel is good enough for the artist and author Susan Branch, it's good enough for me. Just think of all the books I can read!

Just a short entry for now. I really have to get cracking on my memoirs from this summer.


Stay tuned for more adventures of me, The Shushing Librarian!

No comments: