______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Dreams may come

I need to go to the library and check out a book on dream interpretations. Two of my friends report that I've been making cameos during their REM cycles. I'm not quite sure what my cameos mean.

Most recently Auntie's "oldest*" friend Jenn reported the following:

"I had a dream last night with you and D.N.[high school classmate's name changed to protect the innocent] and Max Medina from G[ilmore] G[irls] in it, very odd!"

My first reaction? I hope he was more into me than D.N.. Ridiculous, I know. She's a perfectly nice woman, but suffice it to say, high school baggage never completely goes away. Plus, Mr. Medina was/is MY type. Tall, dark, educated, snarky, but nice.

I wondered, though, in the dream ... were we on our way to Chilton? If D.N. was in the dream, did that mean that we three were back in high school and Mr. Medina was our teacher? And if so, then that would take on icky Lolita overtones. (Jenn! What were you drinking/eating before you went to bed that night?!)

That is NO WHERE as disturbing as the e-mail I got over the summer from Krippy, entitled ALIVE?:

Hey

[My husband] ha
d a dream that you died. SO, I’m checking on you. You alive?

xoxoxo**


You do have to wonder a few things.

Why was I featured in her husband's dream in the first place? If I didn't know both of them for so long and so well, I would be concerned on Krippy's behalf that I was making a cameo in her husband's dreams.

What the heck exactly happened to me? I mean, I very rarely can remember all my dreams upon waking. What exactly freaked him out that he woke up remembering and then told Krippy? To be fair, this was around the time of a plane crash, and I had just flown out to visit family, so there might have been that going on somewhere in his subconscious. I haven't actually spoken to her hubby in quite a while, so I don't know what else could trigger this.

Obviously it didn't freak out Krippy too much. (Thus, the e-mail instead of a phone call at 3:00 a.m.) Plus, Krippy has enough to deal with without that particular dream coming true. I do warn her now before I go on trips or do anything too exciting (like jump out of planes). I don't want to keep making cameos like that.

I know other people play cameos in my dreams, but for the most part ... I keep that information to myself. No need to let on to quite how odd I really am. Some things are best unknown.

In any event, it's good to know I'd be missed. Thanks for reassuring me Krippy and co.


*and I use this term to denote the longest friendship relationship, and not to cast chronological aspirations.
** the hugs and kisses did NOTHING to not freak me out more over the 1st sentence.

No comments: