______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amazing Adventures of the Shushing Librarian

Happy New Year all! 'Tis I, The Shushing Librarian (S.L.). Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I know that February is almost over, but I got a bit behind on documenting my Amazing Adventures. Between travelling, working, and undigging, the end of 2009 zoomed by and 2010 has already been a blur.

You know it's been snowing a lot on the East Coast. Here I am giving you a sense of how much snow we've been getting. I've been up to my neck in shovelling. I've been savouring the snow days, but it does put a crimp in my blogging.
To give you a recap on the Holiday season 2009, I got stacks and stacks of Christmas cards and presents,and spent lots of time waiting around in airports waiting to fly. Luckily, Auntie Nettie and I got out of JFK between snow storms. Other people were not so lucky. They were also annoyed that I was hanging out in the beverage holder that they needed for their gigantic Starbucks!While on vacation, I did a bit of window shopping. Even with my deceptively hobbit sized feet,I don't think I'll be buying these shoes. Plus, they are completely impractical for library work. I could use the heel to keep annoying patrons in line ....I spent a lot of time with partying some of my lesser known friends. Mrs. Butterworth and I spent some sweet time talking about our culinary hobbies. She brought some delectable muffins to our brunch.Lady L. finally got a substitute to work for her back in NYC so she could enjoy some forest adventures. It was a nice change of scenery for her, and she could really shrink her ego down to size ... for once.There are lots of layers to my Russian friend. She's such a doll. We don't spend nearly enough time together. Sadly, she's shy and got startled by the photographer.I only wish all my friends were as nice as Mrs. B., Lady L, and the Russian Doll. Unfortunately, "Princess" was gloating because of her new real estate purchase. She lorded it over everyone at the brunch. It was making me a bit ... crackers.Here, Tippi and I were commiserating about family, friends, and coping mechanisms when we got rudely interrupted by the photographer again. (What is with her?)I had every intention of behaving myself at this little get-together. I started off with soft drinks,but by the end ... let's just say ... I was hanging a little looser than I should have.

Oh no ... someone took a picture of me posing ala "Stick a fork in me. I'm done."Sadly, emergency services had to be called, and I got carted off. My friends tell me that the EMS workers were totally hot, but I was a hot mess. They dumped me back at my hotel to sleep it off.I had the strangest dreams ... or at least, I HOPE they were dreams. There was something about flying saucers or were they wheels?

I also vaguely remember something about scuba diving into coral reefs or being poked by cacti. There was water involved -- maybe it's because I had to float to the bathroom about 3:00 a.m.I passed out again, but I do remember this bit from my last batch of dreams. Dr. Freud would totally have something to say about my dreams about the giant bananas and the hammocks. Coming up next, how I had my eyeballs flamed out at Samurai 21.

No comments: