______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flaming Adventures of the Shushing Librarian

Today's blog posts are brought to you courtesy of Kikoman and Sweet 'N Low...
And now back to our regular blogging...

S.L. here, to tell you all about my Amazing Culinary Adventures. You wouldn't think to look at me, but I'm quite the culinary explorer. Have chopsticks, will travel, and all that.
Recently, my adventuring took me to a steakhouse and sushi restaurant called Samurai 21 with a bunch of Auntie Nettie's relatives.
We started off with a clear broth to cleanse our palates and to get ready for the floor show with a side of food.
Here I am, hungrily waiting for my dinner. All the soup did was make me hungrier. Where's the fried noodles?
The chef was totalling ignoring me as he flung food around right and left. Do you think he couldn't see me? I wasn't hiding behind the Diet Coke or anything.
When I finally did get some food, all I got was 'shrooms. (Not even the fun kind of 'shrooms either!) To make an '80s reference and date myself, "Where's the beef?"
You would have thought I learned my lesson at the girls' holiday party, but once again, I had a little too much to drink. I may have gotten in my cups a bit too much. I blanked out for a while again. I think I passed out ...
Whoops. I guess I did. Here's proof.
Next thing I remember, there was this tremendous fireball. HOLY SMOKES! I know I was lit, but this is ridiculous.
The explosion knocked me off my feet. Luckily, I didn't make a splash down in the dipping sauce. I didn't want to be that kind of spicy at a family party.
The family decided to sober me up a bit more, with some watered down Diet Coke until I could get home and sleep it off. (That or they decided to try and drown me ... I really can't remember ... the photographic evidence could support either theory.)

I am totally ashamed. Auntie's nephew was there, and he was better behaved than me. No wonder the chef was flinging food at him. I have decided that perhaps I should seek some help for my partying ways. No more sake for me at the sushi bars. No margaritas at the Mexican joints. No more limoncellos at the Italian place up the street.

Coming up next, my adventures at a Chip Shop in Chelsea sans a pint, or a lager, or Pims.

No comments: