______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, July 10, 2009

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2009 - 2nd Quarter

Same disclaimer as always, this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. ... no recommendations or link, yada yada yada.

Just read something, 'kay? Thanks.

April 2009
Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane: A Novel by Katherine Howe (ARC)
Seaview Inn by Sheryl Woods
Knit Two: A Friday Night Knitting Club Novel by Kate Jacobs
White Witch, Black Curse (Rachel Morgan) by Kim Harrison
My Best Friend's Girl: A Novel by Dorothy Koomson
The Ghost in Love by Jonathan Carroll
Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson
Where the River Ends: A Novel by Charles Martin
Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mysteries, No. 3) by Victoria Laurie
Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book 6) by Victoria Laurie
Tathea by Anne Perry
Victory of Eagles (Temeraire 5) by Naomi Novik
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Pastries: A Novel of Desserts and Discoveries by Bharti Kirchner
The Music Teacher: A Novel by Barbara Hall
Turn Coat (Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

May 2009
Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks
The Baker's Apprentice: A Novel by Judith Ryan Hendricks
Love and Other Natural Disaster: A Novel by Holly Shumas (didn't finish)
Chocolate Secrets by Zelda Benjamin
The Book of Useless Information by Neal Botham & The Useless Information Society
Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper
The Blue Notebook: A Novel by James A. Levine (ARC)
Angels of Destruction: A Novel by Keith Donohue (ARC)
Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson #4) by Patricia Briggs
The Rose without a Thorn: A Novel by Jean Plaidy
Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs
Chance Meeting by Laura Moore
The Marrying Game: A Novel by Kate Saunders
The Geometry of Sisters: A Novel by Luanne Rice
The Quality of Life Report: A Novel by Meghan Daum (didn't finish)
Leaving Eden: A Novel by Anne D. Leclaire
Beach Roses by Jeanne Stone (had read before, so didn't reread)

June 2009
Spiced by Dalia Jurgensen (ARC)
Palace Circle by Rebecca Dean (ARC)
2 ARCS started and discarded, not even to be mentioned here
Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright
The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Women about Town by Laura Jacobs (didn't finish)
Who You Know by Theresa Alan (didn't finish)
A Trilogy from my own library (reread)
Lament: The Fairie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Laura Willig
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert

The list for the first quarter of 2009 is here.

No comments: