______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Retroblog July 30, 1983

Today is Sat. July 30, 1983 Time 6:52 P.M.

Thursday I to the hospital and two X-rays on my chest. The doctor is trying to see why I still have my virus. Tuesday I had the rest of my pysicle for school. Yuk.

Till next saturday.

Hey look, I learned how to spell virus correctly. Though I still can't spell physical.

I must have been really sick, to have to go to the hospital to get X-rays.

This wasn't the only time I got mystery viruses that defied medical definition or explanation. I got seriously sick my sophomore or junior year of high school, missing three weeks of school, losing about 15-20 pounds, being exhausted, and getting so dehydrated that the doctors finally had to go to my femoral artery to take blood. I don't think it was ever properly diagnosed. I remember taking lots of meds, drinking lots of fluids (they were the only thing I could keep down and in me), worrying lots of people, and lying on the couch. Weirdly, I remember being ecstatic too, because its was the only time that year I wasn't struggling with advanced chemistry -- because I had lots of time to figure it out my own way and not blow up the chem lab. (Chemistry, esp. the section on moles, is HORRIBLE to learn on your own. ) Part of me was strangely enthusiastic about the whole experience, because I lost TONS of weight. (Sure, THAT'S mentally healthy -- she thinks sarcastically!) That's probably the last time that I can remember that happening. I eventually got well, just in time to take a class trip to the U.S.S.R., but I went with extra warnings NOT to drink the water due to my weak immune system.

Hey ... maybe it was the high school-period mystery virus experience that got me all weird about doctors ... What do you know! I don't need therapy. I just need to retroblog!

No comments: