______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2009 - 1st Quarter

If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below, all of this books came from the library; the most magical place in the world!

Go forth and use your library card and READ!

January 2009
Blindspot: A Novel by a Gentleman in Exile and a Lady in Disguise by Jane Kamensky and Jill Lepore (ARC)
The Other Boleyn Girl: A Novel by Philippa Gregory
The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel
Somewhere in Time by Richard Matheson (I didn't realize this was a novel before becoming the cult classic. Movie's better ...)
The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts
Chateua Beyond Time by Michael Tobias
Etta: A Novel by Gerald Kolpan (ARC)
Dragonheart by Toddy McCaffrey
Nine Lives: Death and Life in New Orleans by Dan Baum (ARC)
The Yokota Officers Club: A Novel by Sarah Bird
The Last Time I Saw Paris: A Novel by Elizabeth Adler
Friendship Cake by Lynne Hinton

February 2009
Wild Cats & Colleens by Morag Prunty(didn't finish)
Zelda's Cut by Phillipa Gregory (didn't finish)
Widower's House: A Study in Bereavement, or How Margot and Mella Forced Me to Flee My Home by John Bayley
Unpolished Gem: My Mother, My Grandmother, and Me: A Memoir by Alice Pung
The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing: Fiction by Melissa Banks
To Ride a Dark Horse by Laura Moore
P.G. Country by Connie Briscoe
True Notebooks by Mark Salzman
Swallowing Darkness: A Novel by Laurell K. Hamilton
The Great Husband Hunt by Laurie Graham (didn't finish as had read it a few years ago)
The Wish List by Eoin Colfer
Once Smitten, Twice Shy by Lori Wilde
Fudoki by Kij Johnson
Alphabet of Thorns by Patricia A McKillip
Dedication: A Novel by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
The Seven Daughters of Eve: The Science That Reveals Our Genetic Ancestry by Bryan Sykes [do you think that Ron Moore read this book before writing the finale to Battlestar?]
Snowfall at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
The Uses of Enchantment: A Novel by Heidi Julavits

March 2009
Backup: A Story of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
The Year My life Went Down The Loo (Emily 1) by Katie Maxwell
The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman (read the Discussion guides, but couldn't get into the book
Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett
A Thousand Years Over a Hot Stove: A History of American Women Told through Food, Recipes, and Remembrances by Laura Schenone
Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks
Witch in the House by Jenna McKnight
They Wear What Under Their Kilts? (Emily 2) by Katie Maxwell
Real Vampires Live Large by Gerry Bartlett
The Fox Woman by Kij Johnson [read this one before reading Fudoki]
Maggie Needs an Alibi (Maggie 1) by Kasey Michaels
Maggie by the Book (Maggie 2) by Kasey Michaels
Maggie without a Clue (Maggie 3) by Kasey Michaels
High Heels and Homicide (Maggie 4) by Kasey Michaels
High Heels and Holidays (Maggie 5) by Kasey Michaels
Bowled Over (Maggie 6) by Kasey Michaels


The 4th Quarter Reading list from 2008 can be found here , with links to the other three.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Alright miss reader lady do you have any suggestions for me? I am looking for a new author or series or whatever to read. Or maybe I will just pick something off one of your reading lists.