______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ladies who lunch

Yesterday Auntie Nettie and The Shushing Librarian got to have lunch with Jane who was in the City taking a break from her Flax Hill Garden. It was a miserably rainy day, but it was still nice to get out of the office and grab a yummy bite to eat at Amber. (It would have been fun if Amber could join us at Amber, but it was a bit of a commute for the little Monkey.)

The Shushing Librarian
would like tea please.
Jane had Crispy Tangerine Chicken and Veggie Dumplings
Auntie Nettie had Green Curry Chicken and Veggie Dumplings
(Auntie Nettie's parents would be laughing at this culinary exploration considering her childhood distaste of ethnic food.)

Many blogging-related presents were exchanged along with a bit or two of gossip. Auntie got a basil garden for her apartment, and Jane got a bunch of ARCs to read. We watched it rain like cats and dogs, saw lots of wet canines looking like drowned rats, and watched a parade of snazzy rain apparel go past the window -- though nothing matched the shear ferocity of my boots (more on those later).

Thanks for visiting Jane. Stay dry!

2 comments:

Flax Hill Gardener said...

I had a great time yesterday. Thanks for all the goodies! I let you know what kind of delight I make with the castor sugar---maybe some meringues for Easter.

Have you seen this website of free crochet patterns? http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternList.fcgi?tXX=1&d=Children&s=Crochet There's a crocheted chocolate bunny! I see an Etsy store in your future.

The Food Librarian said...

Ha ha ha! Such a cute post with the Librarian Action Figure! And that lunch looks yummy!