______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, March 9, 2009

Liberated Ladies of Literature

Now that we’ve sprung ahead, I’ve decided to move my spring cleaning to the Blogosphere. Therefore, I’ll be doing giveaways from time to time.

This week the prize will be one of the various ARCs that I’ve been collecting. Provide the correct answers for the following in the comments.*


Can you match these pen names with these ladies’ real names?

1. Barbara Hamilton McCorquodale
2. Isak Dinesen
3 .George Sand
4. George Eliot
5. Toni Morrison

a. Amandine-Aurore-Lucile Dupin
b. Mary Ann Evans
c. Chloe Anthony Wofford
d. Karen Dinesen, Baroness Blixen-Finecke
e. Barbara Cartland


Use the comments for your best bets. Answer correctly by Monday, March 16 at midnight, and you may be eligible to receive an ARC of Blindspot: A Novel by A Gentleman in Exile & a Lady in Disguise. (Adult content and situations, period language.)

I'll use the handy, unbiased Random Number Generator to pick a winner. No anonymous comments please!

* Comments are moderated.

No comments: