______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grateful List 2/28-3/19

I haven’t forgotten to be grateful, but I’ve been so grateful to be busy and to be very gainfully employed that I haven’t had time to write about it.

Therefore, in no particular order, I am grateful for:

~ The arrival of
three samples of Emergen-C in my mailbox on a day that I began to be sick;

~ Leftovers from board meetings that served as lunch and dinner, as well as for my colleagues who baked the treats which were my breakfasts for about two weeks. (Hey, I know I say this everytime, but I LOVE LEFTOVERS. I hate grocery shopping and I get sick of my own frozen lunches after a while.);

~ My father for finally connecting my DVD player and introducing me to this 21st century technology. Thanks Pop. Now I can whip up blankies, get carpal tunnel, and finally see all those movies I missed. Also, blooper reels? LOVE them!;

~ Speaking of 21st century technology, I am sooooooo grateful for streaming on-line media from the major networks that allows me to watch most of my primetime shows from the comfort of my desk. Watching six hours of t.v. during the day makes my monotonous database cleaning projects go ever so much faster and allows me to go to concerts at night and away for weekends;

~ I’m also grateful for friends that visit me in NYC, let me catch up on the news, and offer free concert tickets. Not only do I get to socialize, but I’m learning about little known works –
pieces where you can guffaw at “punny” lyics, ogle Nathan Gunn, and get a big nerdy kick out of seeing Terrence Mann, who I’ve loved since I first saw him as “Bob” in a very obscure SciFi show.

~ I’m grateful that spring is almost here and that I’ll be away with a bunch of girl friends when it rolls in. We’ll be celebrating birthdays, checking off more items from the list of
1,000 Places to Visit Before You Die, catching up, commiserating, and chortling with glee! I promise pictures and news to follow.

~ Finally, I'm grateful that it's almost Friday, so I can leave early for the weekend wonderment.

2 comments:

Kristin.... said...

Where areyou going? Who (whom?) are you seeing?

Auntie Nettie said...

Wait and see young grasshopper. Wait and see. (or read backwards ....)