______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Festitivies -- Update

Sniff. Casey has left the building. The Big J Building that is.

Casey is, as expected, AWESOME and gracefully put up with my getting us lost in the Big J hallways (it's still a construction site), my ramblings, and babblings etc. She also helped me remember why the Big J is so cool. You spend time there and you forget, as you get caught up in the administrative details of making an institution this size work, and the rush of one concert/event to the next. It's really the staff and the students, from the crazy security guards, to the Dance and the Drama staff that let you duck onto stages and into rehearsal rooms, and the students practicing away in little rooms, dancing their feet off in studios while strangers lurk in doorways, and or just going about their lives. The music can be a cacophony of vocalises, scales, percussive drills, timpani, combined with the sounds of rip saws, or wonderfully familiar classical melodies floating around corners or across the vastness of empty recital halls.

Once upon a time, coming to the Big J as a musician was more than a few people's dream for me. At the time I couldn't convey why I just knew, in my heart of hearts, that being a concert pianist wasn't to be my path. Somehow I was aware even then, that you didn't have to BE an artist to be in the service of Art. It may have taken more than a decade or more, some rebellion, and different career explorations, but ultimately my current journey has merged paths with that other, older one. I'm at the Big J, but just in a way that no one could have imagined back when I started piano lessons as a 7-year old.

Hey Casey? Thanks for helping me remember why the Big J is such a special place. Glad I could help you check off something on "the list." You actually helped me do the same and to keep a resolution or two for the year. Travel safe. Be Well. Be Happy.

Much love to you, Cody, and the Moosh.

Xo Auntie Nettie

1 comment:

moosh in indy. said...

No, thank you.
Yesterday was filled with so many moments I have locked away in a special place to open in secret and enjoy.
You are beautiful inside, outside and all around.
xo