______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Amazing Adventures of ... the Shushing Librarian

Hey there,

This is the Shushing Librarian filling in for Auntie Nettie (who's busy "working.") Remember me? Sorry my tales of my Amazing Adventures have been few and far between. Last year I went on a visit out West that took slightly longer than I thought it was going to, and I've only been back for a little while. I had lots of cataloging to catch up on, and even though there are still travel pictures from last year floating around in the blogosphere, I thought I'd tell you the story of my most recent adventures.

Here I am holding down the fort while Auntie Nettie is away from her desk. (Got to hold on to that shuffle charger so no one steals it.)

I've also been busy getting to know my new boyfriend, who you might know, is a real Casanova.
Last week, I decided to get out of the Big Apple and go and see the "wilds of Connecticut." Auntie Nettie went up to Flax Hill to visit her friend Jane, so I hitched a ride from Jane's house

to the "new" Darien Public Library!
Of course, I gravitated to the section with one of my favorite sci-fi writers.
(Sadly, I think Auntie Nettie has more of these books on her shelves than the library does.)
Although open, the library isn't quite done with some of the finish work and decorating.
Look at allllll of this cozy seating and a FIREPLACE!
I decided to look up a book in the catalog,

and to enviously survey the public areas.
This place is so fancy, they have self check-out.
(To quote the kids, I'm jealous as HELL!)

After the trip to the library, I had another special treat.
I got to go to Carnegie Hall.
(not shown actual size)After all of the excitement, I passed out ...
and dreamed I was being suffocated by fluffy Easter bunnies.
It was so horrible, I needed a stiff drink.
(That Duchess, it has good food. Too bad there isn't one in the City.)
All in all, I'm glad to be back to share with you my Amazing Adventures. Stay tuned.
You never know where I might end up next!

No comments: