______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, February 27, 2009

Battlestar Babblings Beta

THANK YOU PETA!

PETA has released a promotional piece featuring Battlestar Galactica’s Jamie Bamber to shed light on the cruelty of black-bear hunting.


Bamber's print PSA is part of PETA's campaign to persuade Queen Elizabeth to end the use of Canadian black bear fur for headwear worn by Buckingham Palace guards. Mr. Bamber is a native of London and films the space-based show in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.


Did I say thank you? SOOOOOO MUCH!



Also in the last episode of BSG, Deadlock, did you catch the Sci-Fi channel, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, in-joke?

It was a quick scene, and you have to have watched FAR too much Stargate SG-1, but if you watched the scenes with Baltar and his harem in Dogtown, when they were distributing food, you would have seen Patrick Currie playing the heavy.

Patrick Currie played the role of Fifth, the fifth Human Form Replicator that the team encountered on Stargate SG-1. There were ultimately eight replicator “skin jobs,” if you will. Ironically, Tahmoh Penikett aka Karl “Helo” Agathon, played the Third model in the SG episode – and on BSG his character is now married to a Model Eight.

You have to wonder which of the skin jobs would win in a fight?

Cylon vs. Replicators
Grudge Match
Coming Soon ....

2 comments:

testmonkey said...

If anyone again calls me out as the über-nerd of the family, I'm going to refer them here.

Damn.

Auntie Nettie said...

Nah nah nah. I can't hear you over the ticking of the clock counting down until the show is on tonight!