______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Festivities

Have you ever had a week that just was a blur of work and exhaustion? One where you came home completely drained, leaving you to resort to putting jammies on by 7:00, eating no dinner, and just going to sleep by 9:00?

(Realize that this is the "no dependents" scenario here. Add in pet(s)/spouse/partner/kid(s) to the equation and you just don't get to do this. I am completely aware of grateful I should be that I get to revel in this sort of "indulgent" and "selfish behavior" AND for the fact that I HAVE a job. [Actually I have two@once now; that might have something to do with the exhaustion].)

The only redeeming quality to this week has been knowing that FRIDAY was coming, and knowing that there was a special treat in store for THIS Friday!

I'm supposed to meet the famous Casey of ...




How DO you act when you're meeting a blogger? It's one thing when you know lots about them from the blogosphere, it's another thing to actually meet. Throw in the fact that YOU are completely shy and retiring, and argh ... I just hope I maintain some sense of togetherness and don't scare her off OR make her break the famous camera lens.

4 comments:

Kristin.... said...

First, you are not shy. Second, you are not retiring. Third, she has been ordered to hug you for me.

Have fun!!!!!

Auntie Nettie said...

To that I say;

Oh yeah?! My acting skills are AMAZING!
HA! How about "bookish?"
Okay.

Susan said...

!!!! b/c I'm speechless. I wouldn't know what to do/say either! Hope you have a fun time with her!

moosh in indy. said...

Don't forget to mention you knew it was me by the boots and camera smashed to my face taking pictures of gargoyles. Heh.