______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2013 - April

I just have no words anymore about how quickly time passes. I just blink .. and whooosh. Like a speeding tin can ...


April started with me trying to take a sick day - and ending up working half a day from home.

Then I also:
- worked too much, stress ate, didn't get enough sleep;
- attended a vocal recital of my work study student in Alice Tully Hall;
- attended a Juilliard Orchestra concert in Alice Tully Hall that concluded with the sublime Firebird Suite;
- had working lunches with colleagues;
- had meeting with the new VP;
- attended my first wedding at New York Municipal Court for my friend Claire and her new spouse Jenny;
- baked;
- caught up on television;
- ran errands;
- had way too many meetings - seriously, it should be called meetings and not work;
- gave blood at the end of a working day (and about passed out during the middle of it and then again at the top of the stairs at my train station);
  - and had a last minute get away with Christine. 

I did manage to finish one complete afghan and start two other projects.

ANA 2013-13: Light blue Diamond-patterned crib cover
(1 10.5 oz. skein Bernat Baby Sport, Baby Blue, acrylic)
(as of 3/15, no longer available)

Still outstanding? You know it.
 
UFO/Public Enemy Number 1  Multi-colored, multi-fibered bane of my existence, started back in 2010.

 20 13 UFO 1: White Diamond-patterned crib cover, Bernat Baby Sport, acrylic
2013 UFO 2: Red Heart Camouflage color scarf

I need a long couple of weeks, so I CAN FINISH THAT STUPID AFGHAN and reopen the shop. I need to take pictures and write text and get all of these things up on etsy.com, do some marketing, and start moving them on out of the Attic.
In the meantime, if you see anything from past entries that interest you, please let me know and I'll send you dimensions and pricing.

No comments: