______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, April 29, 2013

Toy Society Drop: Orient Beach State Park, NY

It's been a while since I did a Toy Society drop, although I have a bag of these free toys ready to go and I've taken then with me to various destinations. (There's also a stash at Grandmary's house in Utah.) For one reason or another, leaving them behind has been overlooked or reconsidered due to potential weirdness with the security threats.

This weekend, when I packed an over night bag for my beach day with Christine, I did remember to grab a toy to drop .. and more importantly, felt comfortable enough to leave one behind near the beach.

Again, my apologies to the Toy Society ladies in Australia who had instructed us to leave the information via Flickr or Facebook. Ain't going to happen - though, if you check their site, it hasn't been updated in a while either.



Who: Made and released by me, Auntie Nettie
What: A slightly grumpy kitty
When: Saturday, April 27, 2013 around 6 p.m.
Where: Orient Beach State Park, the north fork of Long Island, in one of the play centers


 

Hopefully Mr. Kitty found a new home very soon.

Check out some of my earlier Toy Society toys submissions here.

No comments: