______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2013 - March

Wait, what! ... It's April? What happened to March?

March apparently marched to it's own rhythm and marched right on by.

What did I do? Let's see, (she says, while flipping though her planner). There seem to be notes about:

~ Housekeeping;
~ Working late;
~ Lots of working lunches with colleagues. It's how I make sure I have face time with people, get away from my desk, and actually do some brainstorming and gossip with them.;
~ Television catchup;
~ Crazy weather (but not really for March). I would actually appreciate the weather letting me "work from home" more often, please Mother Nature; 
~ An unfortunate weekend of plumbing issues. I am NOT going to get into that future, but, it, um, wasn't fun.;
~ Baking--lots of cathartic baking for half the month, and then, not so much;
~ The inhalation of too WAY much Diet Coke and junk food;
~ Work projects up the wazoo. (Read above as I am a stress eater.); 
~ The annual tax appointments. (YAY for refunds! Now maybe I can make my blog books for the last two years!);
~ Lunch with some of the chicks from the Caramoor Crew. I miss most of those guys.;
~ Attendance at a vocal arts recitals featuring my favorite work-study student in the history of my time at the Big J. (And I don't particularly LIKE opera, and I'm willingly listening to an opera singer sing in different languages. WE LOVE YOU LINDSEY!) - and;
~ Fun times with Christine at the:
- Christmas Tree Shop in Danbury, CT,
- Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden
- Stew Leonard's,
- with my Wreck it Journal, and
- with her Flat Kaden and my Shushing Librarian. S.L. was exhausted by all the fun and had to rest at this conservatory bench and get her energy back.
 

I was out more than I was in ... and the crafting project I managed to finish was time consuming. Here's the one project for the entire month of March. I can't say that April is on track to be much more productive. This pattern takes a while, especially to do a crib-sized blanket. 

ANA 2013-12: Light blue Diamond-patterned crib cover
(1 14 oz. skein Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly #03300, Baby Denim, acrylic)
  Still outstanding? You know it.

UFO/Public Enemy Number 1 
Multi-colored, multi-fibered bane of my existence, started back in 2010.
I need a long couple of weeks, so I CAN FINISH THAT STUPID AFGHAN and reopen the shop. I need to take pictures and write text and get all of these things up on etsy.com, do some marketing, and start moving them on out of the Attic.
In the meantime, if you see anything from past entries that interest you, please let me know and I'll send you dimensions and pricing.

No comments: