______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Grumpa Max/Dad!

There is nothing like your family to keep things in perspective ... especially when they have access to photo albums.

In honor of Grumpa Max's very special birthday, we present ... a photographic retrospective from the mid-1980s to the present.

Happy Birthday Grumpa Max/Dad ... these are the past days of part of your adult life!



What I have gleaned in flipping through my photo albums is:

I am glad the 'stache is gone. The kitchen reno in the CT house was a vast improvement. We three inherited our propensity to make goofy faces when photographed from our patriarch. You liked to take the photographs, not be in the photographs. You do have the cutest ... posterior (that one is for Mom.) The "I hope it's not what's in the box" joke will never cease to haunt you. You are an excellent son, brother, father, husband, and grandpa. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you like to be busy, whether cleaning up, or by being in nature.

While we kids may tease you for your "wisdom," you have earned that gleaming head of silver due to countless hours of driving lessons, phone calls about car "incidents," drives to the reservoir to talk (or not), counsel about relationship issues, and all the church "stuff" you couldn't ever talk about due to your countless leadership positions, combined with hours in prayer and contemplation.

Go ahead and eat the cookie/cake/ice cream. You deserve it.
(As long as the 'stache doesn't come back.)

Happy Birthday!

I love you.

p.s. sorry, this time? it probably IS what is in the box.

No comments: