______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, February 1, 2015

43 Ideas for Birthday 43: Up, Up and Away

For the last three days this song, as sung by the Fifth Dimension, has been just stuck in my head and I can't get it out:
"Up, Up And Away"
lyrics by Dionne Warwick


Wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?
Wouldn't you like to glide in my beautiful balloon?
We could float among the stars together, you and I
For we can fly

Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon

The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon
It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon
We can sing a song and sail along the silver sky
For we can fly

Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon

Suspended under a twilight canopy
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us on
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us, keep the moon beside us

Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dreams across the sky
For we can fly

Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon
Up and away, up, up and away, up, up and away 



I think I just want to observe the balloons to start with, and maybe work up to just a vertical tethered flight, and then maybe ... one day ... a long flight over the rolling open hills of Southern Utah. 



No comments: