______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recipes from Grandma -- Great Grandma Lula

Dipping back into family cookbooks, we visit Grandma Roa's side of the family once again. According to my mother, who consulted with Roa's sister Flora, this is my great-grandmother's recipe for Face Power. (To clarify: my grandmother Roa's mother.) It is presented here, along the lines of the Foot Powder recipe, for some historical perspective.

Where would one buy flake white and prepared chalk and would one want to use it on your face?

Face Powder


Buy 10 c
(ups) worth of glycerin
5 c
(ups) bay rum
5 c
(ups) rose water
In one bottle get 5 c
(up) Flake white and 1/2 c(up) prepared chalk

Put powder into 1 1/2 p(ints) cold water
Let come to boil Boil for 15 min
(utes.)

Remove from fire
(!) allow to cool, add rose water etc and bottle.

*Also, we'll forgive her the whole BYU thing. There has to be one in the family somewhere.

No comments: