______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2011 - August

I don't know when I'll get a chance to replace the camera, but wanted to make sure to document the productiveness that was August.

It's deceptive though; most of these projects were 1 skein. I thought I was workin
g my way through the stash, but then, in a fit of cleaning, I made a mistake of opening a bucket to find more yarn. Plus, I found a really cheap stash at Housing Works that I couldn't resist. At the rate things are going, I may not have to,or allow myself to, buy more yarn until the end of 2012!

I actually might have gotten more done in August if I hadn't been:
~ running around preparing for Hurricane Irene and then constantly monitorin
g Twitter/the NYTimes, etc. on the progress of landfall and the aftermath;
~ having lunch with more of the Mannes Library crew;
~ walking half of the island of Manhattan for Summer Streets;
~ visiting the New York Botanical Garden two days in a row;
~ watching copious amounts of television, mostly catching up on USA ne
twork summer programming;
~ having a belated burst of spring cleaning, including a kitchen appliance/ut
ensil/item purge; bookshelf inventory update and shifting; apartment scrub-down and puttering;
~ a marathon bout of ironing, like 8 hours worth, made easier by watching another season of Drop Dead Diva; and most importantly ....

~ FINALLY setting up the etsy.com shop, dealing with the PayPal portion,
and then sending e-mails to everyone I knew to tell them that it was open.

That's right. Auntie Nettie's Attic is now on etsy.co
m.

After 15+ years of keeping my crafting hobby a semi-secret, I am pleased to annou
nce that the crafts are moving out of the attic and on-line, to a little corner over at etsy.com. It's a little scary to move beyond my close circle of work colleagues, friends and family and out to the world wide web, but it was beyond time. I still can maintain control of content, but can expand my reach beyond those patrons within train and walking distance.

I'm trying a "soft-opening" right now, with only a few selected baby blankets and s
tuffed animals. However, there are literally trunks full of other treats yet to share - scarves, hats, a bag or two, pins, blankets of varying sizes, and a whole carnival of animals. My repertoire continues to expand, so who knows what I'll "hook up" with next.

If you'd like to receive special updates from Auntie Nettie's Attic about new me
rchandise, please me know and I'll add you to a special mailing list.

In the meantime, here's what I got done in August. They may or m
ay not show up on the shop sometime down the road.


ANA 2011-33 & ANA 2011-43: Black Wool Skull Hat - tight fit (1 skein Lion Brand Wool each)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
 ANA 2011-34 & ANA 2011-44: Brown Wool Skull Hat - tight fit (1 skein Lion Brand Wool each)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2011-35: Brown Hat with Brim(1 skein Lion Brand Wool)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless) ANA 2011-36: Grey Slouchy Hat - loose fit(1 skein Lion Brand Wool)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2011-37: Black Slouchy Hat - loose fit(1 skein Lion Brand Wool)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2011-38: Brown Slouchy Hat - loose fit(1 skein Lion Brand Wool)
 (as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2011-39: Cream Slouchy Hat - loose fit(Part of 1 skein vintage Red Heart Sport)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2011-40 & ANA 2011-42: Gray Wool Skull Hat - tight fit (1 skein Lion Brand Wool each)
(as of Oct. 2011, #42 is no longer available)

(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless) ANA 2011-41: Cream Skull Hat - tight fit(Part of 1 skein vintage Red Heart Sport)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2011-45: Brown/Cream Striped Skull Hat - tight fit (made from combo of Lion Brand Wool/vintage Red Heart sport)
(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless) ANA 2011-46: Fancy Peach/Cream/Light green scarf (not available, to be a gift)(made from 3 skeins of Trendsetter Yarns, Monarch-1 yarn. Made in Italy. Polyamide/Acrylic)
Still in Progress:2010: Multi-fiber, multi-colored chevron blanket2011: Potential mobile of hearts (created as part of ANA 2011-08 group) - need hardware
Fancy Blue Scarf (finished 9/4/2011 - thank you very much)
Cream Purse, like the ones in April - but I need handles to finishBlack Infinity Scarf (finished 9/5/2011 muchas gracias)

As ever, if you see anything you'd like, just contact me for sizes, availability, and costs -- or better yet

Don't forget to go to the shop!

No comments: