______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Photos of the Day: Perspectives of Nature

Last weekend I got to enjoy two very different cultural offerings in New York.

One day I attend a free art show at the Park Avenue Amory put on via the auspices of the American Folk Art Museum, celebrating the Year of the Quilt. The exhibition was entitled Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts. Over 600 quilts, only in red and white. It was really overwhelming, and I wished so much that Grandma Ollie could have been with me. I suspect though, that the hundreds of mostly anonymous quilters were there with us in spirit. Why else would I have been so weepy?

I don't know my quilting patterns so much, but I'm pretty sure this one is a Tree of Life:


One of the other days I went back to The New York Botanical Gardens to check out the annual orchid show and to hike around the forest paths in near solitude. One mental health day spent in nature, hiking about, enjoying the sun, almost silence, and hints of spring will really recharge your soul.

This day the conservatory wasn't as crowded, so I had a chance to really get up close and personal with one of my favorites:

I'll have more photo essays on each excursion later.

No comments: