______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Letters from Roa S - Feb. 1997

[Ogden, UT]

Bday Card Note:

I hope you have a good birthday. I’m glad you are going to try for your Masters. I had a card from Jed & Kelli they said they were going to try & buy a house. It will be good to see JJ if he gets here. Why don’t you drive over with him? It’s going to be a long way along & who knows what the weather will be.

Also enclosed:
Photo from her front door across the street to Aunt Jerry’s
“This is our first snow this year we have had a lot more. The weather is good today."

Photo of Cindy, DJ and Jackie at a birthday party

Photo of Uncle Jack, Cindy, DJ and Jackie

Photo from August 1996: Dad/Max’s 50th b-day/Jed and Kelli’s rehearsal Dinner,
Photo is of Aunt Cora razzing older brother
“I don’t know if you got a picture of your Dad’s Birthday. I’m not sure some of your relatives were impressed but it was sort of fun.”

No comments: