______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, February 4, 2011

Letters from Ollie J - Feb. 4, 1984

Apparently the trend towards accidents runs in the family, skipping a generation or two along the way. I hope that means that Amber and Elle drive like Grandmary and not like their Auntie Nettie.

4 Feb 1984

[The Farm
Pikeville, NC]

Dear [Auntie Nettie],

Here goes your long awaited letter. I did appreciate the one you sent me. Thanks so much-

Grandma hasn’t been her self in a few months. Just felt bad (cold) then the accident – So please forgive me for not writting[sic].

I am here at home all alone now. All are gone to town or to Carl’s house. Don’t think they will do much there as it is raining.

My ribs are too sore for me to do much so don’t go down there – only to look.

Uncle Hyrum lets me keep his car but haven’t used it must. Just plain haven’t felt like it.

Hope you are fealing[sic] good. Cheerfull[sic] and Happy. Smile and the world smiles with you.

Grandma loves you

Thanks for the gifts you made and sent me

Went by and looked at my car yesterday. Yes it is in the shop. Took broken pieces off and wating for new parts to come. Looks bad but hope it will soon be OK again.

Tell boys I love them too.

By[sic] for now

Grandma [Ollie]

No comments: