______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Adventures of The Shushing Librarian - Part 1

Hey there, it's me. The Shushing Librarian. Auntie Nettie has asked me to step in and guest post for a bit. She's been experiencing some BloggersBlock, and rather than leave old posts up until she can talk about what's going on, she's going to let me recap some of my Amazing, and not-so, Adventures from this summer.

There was a bit of travelling earlier this season, which I'll get to later. To summarize: I was in North Carolina with Auntie Nettie and Grandmary. Here's proof I was in Duke Country at Elmo's Diner in Durham. Good food. Lots of very young, and yummy Duke co-eds. Too bad they don't like Yankees or people cheering for the UCONN Huskies.I'm also planning on a hugely exciting trip in August with my friends Christine and Bob. To get ready, I've had to do some shopping at the local General Store. I need accessories and travel gear for this trip. It's not my normal type of vacation. It's without Nettie for a change and bodes to be very very breezy!Mostly though, I've been horsing around,drinking lots of Diet Coke to stay cool, and pigging out like there's no tomorrow. What a hog!All of that eating and drinking is exhausting, so I must grab a massage and a nap whenever possible. In this chair I can do both at the same time -- as long as my quarters hold up!
When I'm not relaxing, I've decided to try and improve myself. I started taking painting lessons. What do you think of my efforts thus far? Hey! It's hard to paint with a broken right arm.
Maybe I should stick to house painting? This house is shaped like a thatched tea pot, and I found out that it's hard to paint brick and thatch! (Also, being so close to a tea pot makes me a little crazy since I can't get the song "I'm a little tea pot" out of my head. See ... now neither can you!)
There have been moments of seriousness this summer. I'm not getting any younger, so I've started thinking about what happens after working all these years in a library. Wouldn't it be nice to travel all the time and not work? I'd like to retire before I get fired.

With that in mind, I made an appointment to talk to my mentor about my retirement fund.
Talk about scarey. The economy took a hit and so did my piddling little fund. I'm going to have to do a LOT more freelance work and kick money into the account to build it back up. I'm also going to have to work a LOT longer than I wanted to. PHOOEY! Phooey! PHOOOEY!

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy myself this summer and travel and eat when I can. You can only shush so much, you know?!

Coming up soon, my review of many many Southern barbeque buffets and joints.
Later ya'll!

No comments: