______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 1, 2010

Retroblog New Year's 1982

Happy New Year! 1982

These are some things I hope will happen to me this year.

__ I'll meet someone famous.
__ I'll set a school record for something
__ I'll see a falling star
__ I'll discover a secret hideaway
XX I'll be on television
XX I'll visit some place I've never been before
__ I'll become a genius and not have to do any homework
__ I'll meet someone from outer space

Other exciting things I hope will happen to me.

I will have a good year.

My wishes for 2010 vary just a bit from those of 1982. I still wish for a good year and that I'll visit some place I've never been before, but I have NO wish to be on television. ABSOLUTELY NONE. No reality star urges for this Auntie Nettie. In fact, if she could not appear in any photographic evidence at all, she would be perfectly content. In fact, that invisbility cloak of Harry Potter's? That's my New Year's wish.

Maybe if I wish on that falling star?

No comments: