______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Retroblog To Do List Recap 1981(?)


Here's a list of things I didn't want to do, but did anyway:
X practiced my piano. (yuk)
X did my homework
X ate some swiff crad (didn't like it but it was good for me)
X apologized for a mistake I had made
X threw away some stuff I didn't need any more

Here are some other things I didn't want to do but did anway.

Go to a party. Do my work.


Isn't there a saying about who you are as a child is at the core of who you are as an adult?

If you look at this, and compare it to me now, it's pretty much the same.

I still don't like to do my work. I'd rather be reading (or blogging, or surfing the 'Net.)

I don't like to go to parties. I'm not a party girl. I go to parties and end up hanging out in the kitchen with the caterers. At one party I went to, the other guests thought I was the caterer! Good people, those caterers. Watch them, and other event throwing types, and you learn a lot of valuable stuff. Comes in handy when you are a bridesmaid about a half dozen time. Not to mention the baby showers.

I HATE (loathe and despise, and will gag and vomit if I have to eat) swiss chard. I didn't know the word crap as a kid, but I almost wrote it here. Maybe my subconscious knew what crap was and was trying to write that to describe swiss chard.

In one sign of progress, I am getting MUCH better about throwing away stuff I don't need anymore. Almost 15 years of living and working in and out of New York studios helps you deal with storage issues. Oh, I still have too much stuff. But I'm having lots of fun getting rid of it. (5 things a day ... try it. It's addictive. Just get rid of 5 things a day, and after time, it starts to make a difference.)

No comments: