______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 18, 2009

Auntie Nettie's Merchandise 2009 Wrapup

In the rush before Thanksgiving and the break, Auntie Nettie got distracted by work, organization of the studio, preparation for the annual holiday boutique, and a sudden rash of commissions. Fear not! I was still crafting. One 10 day break saw the creation of 7 scarves -- which I didn't necessarily get around to photographing before they were sold. WHOOPS!

Before that though, the
last installment of the merchandise list made me realize I had far too much in the way of scarves and hats. So, I made a run down to the Lion Brand Yarn Studio the Friday before Thanksgiving to drop off more than two dozen items for The Partnership for the Homeless, a organization committed to helping New York City families in need. It was good for them, and good for me. Not only did I cull down the piles of inventory, I got a coupon for my next purchase o' yarn. I was pleased to be one of those who contributed 170 scarves and 251 hats to a very good cause.

Despite not advertising as widely as desired, the economy, and other factors, this year's holiday boutique was a success. Unfortunately, I DIDN'T TAKE A SINGLE PHOTO! How did that happen? I think in the rush of having the sale right after my return from holiday travels, and the responsibility of organizing and setting it up, I just got completely distracted. Sales were good. Lay-aways were accepted. Commissions were discussed. All in all, it was a good time. I hope my fellow crafters agree.

I'm also happy to share pictures of items that were gifts for various folks. Here we have Items #97-#99: AKA assorted Halloween disguises, as worn by Christina, Amber, and Elle to tease J on Halloween.

Then we have this young fan gnawing on a Turkey Leg Rattle (Items #94-#96). That thing is almost as big as he is. Thanks to Jane, from Flax Hill Gardener, for the photo.Finally, to close, here' a recap of the rest of the projects that I did this year. (Remember, to see everything, click here.)

#103, #104, #105: Weiner Dogs (no longer available)#106: Santa Beard (no picture, not available)

#107 & #108: Black Trellis fashion scarves (no picture, no longer available)

#109: Blue Ribbon Spiral Scarf (no longer available)
#110: Rainbow Ribbon Spiral Scarf (no longer available)

#111: City Lights Ribbon Spiral Scarf (no longer available)

#112 & #113: Light Pastels Wooley Spiral Scarves (no pictures)

#114: Granny Square Christmas Tree (not available)#115-117: Blue Trellis Fashion Scarves (not available)

#118: Boucle Spiral Scarf (no pictures)

#119: Black Ribbon Spiral Scarf (no pictures; as of 12/10, no longer available)

#120: Blue Ladder Scarf (no pictures, not available)

#121: Blue Bubble Baby Blanket (no pictures, as of 03/10 not available)

#122: Rainbow Baby Throw (no pictures, as of 02/10 not available)

#123: Small Rainbow Throw (no pictures, not available)

Stay tuned for updates on future projects.

If you see anything you like just drop a line or a comment; I'm happy to give dimensions, prices, and care suggestions off-line.

Unfortunately, the availability of certain items is subject to change without notice, especially during the holiday season.

No comments: