______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2009 - 4th Quarter

Same disclaimer as always, this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. ... no recommendations or links, yada yada yada.

Just read something, 'kay? Thanks

October 2009
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel by David Wroblewski
Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
Godmother: the Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon (didn't finish)
How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini by Heather Horrocks
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food by Jennifer 8. Lee
Laced with Magic by Barbara Bretton
The Actor and the Housewife: A Novel by Shannon Hale
The Walking People: A Novel by Mary Beth Keane
The Vanishing Point: A Novel by Mary Sharratt
Lovehampton: A Novel by Sherri Rikfin
An Angel for Emily by Judy Deveraux
Her Royal Spyness Solves Her First Case: A Mystery by Rhys Bowen
Royal Flush by Rhys Bowen
Fish out of Water by Mary Janice Davidson

November 2009
Keeper of Light and Dust: A Novel by Natasha Mostert
The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder: A Novel by Holly McQueen
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
Ms. Taken Identity: A Novel by Dan Begley
How to Buy a Love of Reading: A Novel by Tanya Egan Gibson (didn't finish)
Garnethill by Denise Mina (didn't finish)
Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon
A Summer Affair: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand (didn't finish)
Domestic Affairs: A Novel by Eillen Goudge
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
American Fuji by Sara Backer
Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

December 2009
Imagining Don Giovanni: A Novel by Anthony Rudel
The Little Giant of Aberdeen County: A Novel by Tiffany Baker
According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz
Cassandra and Jane: A Jane Austen Novel by Jill Pitkeathley
Heroic Measures: A Novel by Jill Ciment (didn't finish)
With Violets: A Novel of the Dawn of Impressionism by Elizabeth Robards
Sofie Metropolis (#1) by Tori Carrington
Dirty Laundry (Sofie Metropolis #2) by Tori Carrington

The lists for the third quarter of 2009 is here.

1 comment:

Kristin.... said...

Dude. I read maybe 10 books all year. Sad.
ps-my word verification was doode.