______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 5, 2009

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2009 - 3rd Quarter

Same disclaimer as always, this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. ... no recommendations or links, yada yada yada.

Just read something, 'kay? Thanks.

July 2009
Harbor Lights by Sherryl Woods
Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
Sacred Hearts: A Novel by Sarah Dunant (ARC)
Harry Potter and the Scorcers' Stone by J.K. Rowling (HP1) (reread)
Lucrezia Borgia: A Novel by John Faunce
Heavenly Detour: A Novel by Joanne Meyer
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (HP2) (reread)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (HP3) (reread)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (HP4) (reread)
In Full Bloom: A Novel by Caroline Hwang
The Wishing Year: A House, a Man, My Soul; a Memoir of Fulfilled Desire by Noelle Oxenhandler
Entertaining Disasters: A Novel (with recipes) by Nancy Spiller
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (HP5) (reread)

August 2009
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (HP6) (reread)
Harry Potter and the Deady Hallows by J.K. Rowling (HP7) (reread)
The Wonder Singer: A Novel by Georg Rabasa
Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey
Mistress of the Monarchy:
The Life of Katherine Swynford, Duchess of Lancaster by Alison Weir
The Book of Eleanor: A Novel of Eleanor of Aquitaine by Pamela Kaufman
In the Frame: My Life in Words and Pictures by Helen Mirren
Fear and Yoga in New Jersey: A Novel by Debra Galant
Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz
Don't You Forget about Me: A Novel by Jancee Dunn
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpartick (ARC)
Charmed, I'm Sure by Liz Ireland
A Match Made in Hell by Terri Garey
You're the One that I Haunt by Terri Garey
Filthy Rich: A Novel by Dorothy Samuels
Forever and Always by Jude Deveraux
The Deep Blue Sea for Beginners: A Novel by Luanne Rice
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
A Journal for Jordan: A Story of Love and Honor by Dana Canedy

September 2009
True Colors: A Novel by Kristin Hannah
Last Kiss: A Novel by Luanne Rice
By the Sword (Kerowyn's Tale) by Mercedes Lackey (reread)
Winds of Fate (The Mage Winds, Book 1) by Mercedes Lackey (reread)
Winds of Change (The Mage Winds, Book 2) by Mercedes Lackey (reread)
Winds of Fury (The Mage Winds, Book 3) by Mercedes Lackey (reread)
I, Elizabeth: A Novel by Rosalind Miles
Dewey: A Small-town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron, with Bret Witter
Love in Bloom: A Novel by Sheila Roberts
Dry Storeroom No. 1: The Secret Life of the Natural History Museum by Richard Fortey
Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel
Mr. and Miss Anonymous by Fern Michaels
Reading matters: Five Centuries of Discovering Books by Margaret Willes

The list for the second quarter of 2009 is
here.

No comments: