______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 16, 2009

A-ha, O-NO!

'80s Pop Sensation A-Ha to Call It Quits

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: October 15, 2009
Filed at 10:14 a.m. ET


OSLO (AP) -- Norwegian pop band a-ha says it plans to call it quits at the end of 2010. A statement on the Norwegian trio's Web site Thursday announced the move, which comes after a 27-year career interrupted by a seven-year hiatus in the mid-1990s.

The band became an international sensation in the mid-1980s following the release of its 1985 debut album, which included the hit ''Take On Me.'' Although the group went on to release eight more albums, a-ha remains best-known for that song.

Thursday's statement says that band members want to follow other pursuits, ''be it humanitarian work, politics, or ... new constellations in the field of art and music.''

The band plans to arrange a world tour in 2010, playing its final concert in Oslo on December 4.

I guess that means I need to start looking at the 2010 dates and get me a ticket before it's too late. This time Jenn, seat locations are not an issue. Until then, I'm "crying in the rain."

1 comment:

Christine Bosco said...

Noooooo - they can't break up! I think I will have to go with you to a concert.