______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Toy Society -- Drop #277

The Toy Society spreads the love throughout the streets of the world. Nothing to it really, just a bunch of handmade toys looking for a nice home.

What started as a small street art project in Australia is slowly spreading around the world. Should you come across a member of The Toy Society on your travels collect them up and take them home with you!

But don't forget to let us know about it here: thetoysociety@gmail.com

************************************************************
Dropped: The Lily Pad Art Store, Willimantic, Connecticut USA

Number of toys: 1 (Mr. Frog Prince)

Made and dropped by: Auntie Nettie

When: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 6:00 p.m.

Auntie Nettie says: When I was trying to figure out where to leave Mr. Frog Prince, I figured what better place than a Lily Pad? This is a great art store in Willimantic, Connecticut, a town that celebrates its frog-lore with annual celebrations. While the store was closed, I bet one of the local artists (or yoga people from the studio next door) will rescue Mr. Frog Prince and restore him to his kingdom. I hope he hops on to a good home.

Stay tuned to the Toy Society blog to see if and when Mr. Frog Prince is found.

Hint: Auntie Nettie drove by the drop site the next day and the Prince wasn't there.

No comments: