______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 25, 2009

More Advice to Tourists

Never Commute When You are Hungry!

Tempations are everywhere. Grand Central Terminal is especially dangerous, what with these types of Zaro's displays to taunt you. Their popcorn is especially delicious at 11:30 p.m. when it serves as dinner for those of us who work too late and don't have a chance to eat (aside from cookies and Dt. Coke).

Can I just have one of everything please?
But Dear Tourists,

Could you do us regular commuters all a flavor? Please!?
During rush hour commutes ... Get out of the traffic patterns!

See us coming (like a stampeding herd of buffaloes)? We have trains to catch. We want to get the heck out of the Big Apple (or our heels, suits, pantyhose, you name it.) Like when you drive, stay to the slow lane (on the sides). Hug the walls. Get out of the middle of passageway.

Once you have your food, do not attempt to walk, talk AND drink/eat. Go
downstairs, get some food there, or find a chair. Better yet ... just leave the terminal and head elsewhere. We'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Auntie Nettie and the rest of the regular commuters

P.S. If you buy me a chocolate cake at Zaro's or a piece of Mississippi Mud Pie from the
Little Pie Company, I might be more inclined to put up with you. Just saying.

No comments: