______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, November 14, 2008

Holiday Boutique

Today was the first holiday boutique of the season. One of my crafty colleagues, along with a composer colleague, held a lunchtime sale for selected departments at the Big J. (It's a big place, but a small room, so we couldn't invite everyone.) I did manage to get some shots from the set-up. We were hopping for about 45 minutes.

Auntie Nettie's tree ornaments and mini-frames
Tree of scarves and hats
Basket of Puzzle Ornaments
Assortment of scarves and holiday wreathes
The table of goodies:
on left, handmade tea towels, aprons, button bracelets, etc.;
in middle, CDs with original compositions;
on right, my stuff.
Post-sale pickups by satisfied customers
Scarf by Auntie Nettie (#58), modelled and purchased by Rebecca
Eco/Beach Bag (#55), modelled and purchased by Evie
Thanks for shopping!

Although it's a lot of work and I sacrificed my lunch hour, I'm happy. I made my goal for the day. Now that people know what we have, when we have the other sale after Thanksgiving, maybe they'll be ready to buy more holiday stuff.

Remember, if you need holiday presents, please contact Auntie Nettie.
Many items may have sold today or will be at the boutique next month.
Trunk shows can be arranged, on a very limited basis.
Prices will go up in 2009 as we hopefully migrate to an on-line retail space.

No comments: