______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't Mock the Pro/Con List!*

Thanks to a combination of suppressed immunity, exhaustion, commuting, and an office-mate who's been sick for the last three weeks, I finally succumbed to some germ warfare and was/am ill. I stayed home from work the last two days and had too much time to contemplate the state of being home sick.

In honor of Rory*, here's my Pro/Con list, or what I can remember from my semi-delusional drug-enhanced state.

Pro:

  • Sleeping in;
  • HGTV;
  • Morning naps;
  • Repeats of Gilmore Girls on ABC Family;
  • Staying in jammies or sweats all day;
  • Food Network;
  • Long hot showers;
  • The Create Channel;
  • Afternoon naps;
  • No deadlines;
  • No one in laundry room;
  • Watching free stuff via cable provider;
  • Evening naps;
  • Being home to talk on phone when old friend calls instead of at 1 of 4 jobs;
  • Drug highs.

Con:

  • Being sick;
  • Daytime t.v. on major broadcast channels (How many “Judge” shows do we need anyway? Oh, and 4 hours of the Today show? Why?!);
  • Stuffy head;
  • Endlessly repeating commercial blocks on every channel;
  • Being sick;
  • Neighbor who plays #%(@*) electric bass and acoustic guitar at all hours of the day and night … Hello? 1 a.m. is NOT the time to be playing your guitar, nor is 8 a.m.! For that matter, just STOP PLAYING ALTOGETHER!;
  • Sinus headaches;
  • Neighbor who can’t shut his door without shaking entire apartment building;
  • Wracking coughs;
  • Neighbor who can’t walk across apartment without shaking entire apartment building – and who lets his dog run back and forth across the apartment and chase things;
  • Brain oozing out of ear after three days of sleeping, drugs, and television;
  • Diet Coke withdrawal headaches;
  • Claustrophobia after staying in studio apartment for 72 hours straight.

*Rory, Gilmore Girls, Season 6, Episode 17 "I'm OK, You're OK"

2 comments:

Kristin.... said...

oh man. I'm sorry you were/are sick
I, however, could use 72 child free hours to read, sleep, eat (or not) and read some more.
sigh

Flax Hill Gardener said...

I hope you are feeling better. I made James stay in NYC last weekend to avoid getting the dreaded cold. I am still germ-free!