______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Bro!

Happy Birthday to the biggest of my "little" brothers

-- the man of many faces ...


and names. (What do we call you now exactly?)
I know the name he's proudest of is being
Drew's Dad!


As your big sister, I remember many things about you ...

I remember when Dad used to nap with you like this.

I remember when you/we were younger.


I remember lots and lots of semi-embarrassing things about you.
Silly sibling stuff like:
  • how we were best buds and used to play marine biologist;
  • how much we enjoyed messing with people's heads in the drama department;
  • enduring scary car trips to Church (you didn't really believe I'd pull over, did you!?);
  • rare quiet family moments watching the Bob Ross, the Happy Painter;
  • how kids used to LOVE you at Church and want to hang out with you (and NOT me);
  • how proud we were of your your well-deserved sportsmen awards;
  • your panicked face and fight to the school nurse when you shattered the window in my face;
  • your mad saxophone skills;
  • why exactly you should always listen to your brothers when it comes to dating;
  • how you liked to rock the canoe when we went out paddling with Dad;
  • how excited you get about UCONN basketball, the RedSox, and other New England sports teams now that you are out West;
  • why exactly, you shouldn't wrestle with the vacuum cleaner and then lie to your parents about it, (call me Scarface);
  • and our school trip to Puerto Rico and whyyou should never mess with these here siblings,
  • to name just a few.
Despite all the teasing, razzing, lecturing, whining, and oh, did I mention teasing?,
I mostly remember how glad I am that you are my "big" brother.
Even though you weren't exactly the present I had hoped was on lay-away for my 2nd birthday, I'm glad that the stork made her delivery 9 months later.
(Thanks Mom and Dad. I guess he is exactly what I wanted after all.
But really, did you have to celebrate my birthday THAT way. Really?)
Happy Birthday litte brudder!

4 comments:

testmonkey said...

eww.

Drew's Dad said...

Thanks sis, That means a lot to me. Sorry I couldn't talk much more than I did when you called but thank you again for calling.

Auntie Nettie said...

@testmonkey -- don't you mean ...AHHHHH?

@drew's Dad. Get some sleep, Mr. NightShiftMan.

Kelli said...

Thanks Junetta, I know that meant alot!
Kelli