______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Fourth Birthday Nathan!

Hey, Nathan Buddy?
Yes, you ... you little raptor Carrot Top Silly Face!

Thanks for being my story-time snuggle bunny.
I really enjoyed it when I saw you earlier this month.
I'm so glad that you seem to like books as much as your toys, 
and that you are equally at home with Disney fairy tales as with Star Wars.
I'm also glad Mama takes you to the library 
and shows you that it's important to return the books on time in the book drop.

I must say, though, you play a ruthless game of FISH. 
Even Papa was having a hard time reeling you in.
Thanks for my drawing. I will save it and put it on my fridge with pride.
Thanks so much for letting me play with you and pet the puppies and
play hide and seek, and hide and shriek, and run around with you.

Hang in there, my funny little guy.
One of these days, when you declare:
"HEY GUYS!
GUYS!
It's IMPORTANT.
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT."
Your sisters may listen. Just give them time.
Give big sis some time too.
She'll grow up and out of it, eventually.

In the meantime, 
Have a VERY Happy Fourth Birthday!
 
Have a treat!
 Have a ball!
I love you ... to infinity and beyond. 
To the moon and back. 
To the far corners of the earth.
To whereever your pirate ship and imagination may take you.

Much love,
Auntie Nettie

No comments: