______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Happy 9th Birthday DREW!

 Hey Drew!

Can I interrupt you for a minute?
 Seriously. Can you look up from your present for a minute?
 
 Oh, excuse me. Do you have your mouth full now?
I can wait.

Oh, now it's time for breakfast?
You are nine today. Why was Grandmary cutting up your waffles?

Sigh.
Anyway!

I want to wish you a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
 Just sit there in the crazy moving movie lounge chair and enjoy it.

I JUST wanted to say what fun it was exploring the stuffed animal Wildlife Museum with you.

I could "bear"ly stand how cute you were!
 Thanks for playing around with me that whole day - 
from the museum, lunch, birthday book shopping, and then Frozen
 You are two-thumbs-up cool!

 You are growing up too fast on me. 
I mean look at this.
 
I can only hope that your little sister grows up to adore you and understand your protectiveness
 and that your little brother can appreciate how much you love him, 
waited for him, and want to play with him.
I know you don't see all your Idaho cousins a lot in person, but I know they like to visit via the computer.
Soon you'll be able to talk to them without all us grownups hogging the screens.
 (I mean, I know I love it when you call me on the phone.
EVEN WHEN YOU MOCK ME!
Stop it, mister!)
 
I know it's hard to have the littles around sometimes.

But know this; We all love you - for being YOU. 
Even if we are making silly faces with you first. 
You can always, always, ALWAYS, be assured of a big bear hug and a snuggle.
 No matter what. No matter if you are now 9 ... or even if you are 18, 27, or even 90!

Happy Birthday, my Drewbie, Drewbug, Mr. Drew The Dude!

Much love,
Auntie Nettie


Taken via iTouch and Nikon camera
winter visit, December 2013

No comments: