______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2012 - December

This post actually should have gone up about 6 weeks ago, say in December 2012, and I fully intended to, however ...  Aside from the technology issues inherent in being on the road and at the mercies of someone else's house rules, priorities, and hardware/software issues, I just didn't seem to have time. There were other things that seemed to be more important to do. 

To recap:

December 2012 (which now seems like a blur), included:
(*frantically flipping back through planners/calendars*)

~ Aforementioned holiday baking and present preparations/wrapping/shipping/distribution;
~ Dinner with my girls, Christine & Amelia, in Bryant Park; 
~ Holiday parties at work and for fund raisers for the local pre-school; 
~ Lunch with Cynthia and then Kristina; 
~ Packing up my suitcase and then my office for the job transition and shifting that would happen probably the day I was due back in January; 
~ SO MUCH TRAVEL, so many early mornings, trains, planes, shuttles, automobiles; 
~ Last-minute Christmas shopping/crafting - LOTS of trips to lots o' Walmarts;
~ Holiday haircuts and pedicures;  
~ Church; Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners; Cuddles; and Cooking; 
~ Nevada, Utah, and Idaho, not to mention Arizona and Washington;
~ Sun, Snow, Snacks, Silly kids, Sledding, Snuggles, and Sniffles; and
~ New Year's, New boots, and new crafts.

When I wasn't holding a pen, a kid, a book, or a fork, I was holding a hook or needle. I started crafting again .... It was calming. I had no problem curling up on Mom and Dad's couch and crocheting away. It was crafts therapy after a busy couple of weeks, plus, I was under pressure to finish two commissions.     

I started a lot of projects, but didn't get to finish many of them. I stashed them in boxes to ship back to myself in NYC, to be finished as time allowed. There's only so much room in a suitcase. It's not a Tardis, after all.

I just barely managed to finish these first two things in time for Christmas. Like, I was sewing the last piece of holly on the night before Christmas Eve. Talk about under the wire. (To be fair, part of it was because I ran out of yarn, and had to be close to a supply warehouse ... which I didn't have time to do in New York. I waited until I got West.)  
 
ANA 2012-101: Holiday Stocking for Niece Sarah
(Skein of Red Heart Sport yarn, acrylic, plus felt) 
ANA 2012-102: Holiday Stocking for Nephew Cannon
(Skein of Red Heart Sport yarn, acrylic, plus felt)
These two for the twins are now part of an entire stocking suite that I've made for their family over the years.
 l-r: Dad, Cannon, Drew, Sarah, little T for the late Tippi Cat, and Mom
 
 I also made a stocking for J & Christina when they started their family.
 (I'm kind of proud of these. 
Do I have one for me? No.
 It's like the carpenter not living in a completed house.)

ANA 2012-103: Mini holiday stocking
(Partial skein of Red Heart Sport yarn, acrylic)

ANA 2012-104, 105, 106, 107: Suite of Objects
(Skeins of Peaches & Creme multi-colored cotton)
(not pictured, as destined to be gifts) 
(as of May 2013, gifted) 

Still in progress:

2010:
UFO 1:  Multi-colored, multi-fibre bane of my existence
2012:
UFO 1:  Pink Crib Cover, needs to be finished and edged
UFO 2 & 3: holiday stockings, need appliques and to be finished off

UFO 4: Ombre scarf
(not pictured)

UFO 6, 7, 8: Suite of Objects
(not pictured, as destined to be gifts)
(as of May 2013, gifted)

Since I was gone more than half of December and then January, there was no way I could keep the shop open. I probably would have done more, but my hands were full of babies or the handle of my suitcase.

I need a vacation from all of my vacation. But this wandering Nettie continued to wander through January!

No comments: