______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2013 - February


After being more out that in the last two months, I am tending to stay close to home this month. For example, there were a few weekends when I didn't leave the apartment building. I just needed to hole up and recupe, unpack suitcases/boxes, file away holiday cards, letters, and pictures from the family, pay bills, balance checkbooks, and cull through things that had been piling up, like drycleaning, errands, etc.

Weekend 1, I just stayed in bed, slept, and zoned out on t.v.,
Weekend 2, I had an unofficial three-day weekend, 
Weekend 3, see weekend 1, etc.

The month saw:
~ Farewell parties for a few colleaques;
~ The installation of my new office cubicle, and reorganizing my space, hunting down more essentials and equipment; 
~ My birthday (oh, so much joy! - read as sarcasm); and
~ Valentine's Day (oh, so much more joy!  - read as more sarcasm); but...
~ Nothing major, which I needed.

It's hard to get back in the swing of things after being away for so long. I already would like to take time off, but since I've been away, and there are even more transitions at work, I don't feel like I can take the time. Maybe by April?   

Thankfully, there was a winter storm event early in the month (Nemo) that gave me a nice three-day weekend, where I plowed through my pile of UnFinished Objects that had accumulated during the various months of travels, including:


ANA 2013-6: Large Granny Square Toddler Blanket
(5 skeins Craft Smart acrylic)
ANA 2013-7: Pastel Baby Blanket
(3 skeins Lion Brand Baby Soft acrylic)
(as of 08/2013, no longer available, gift in trade)
ANA 2013-8: Variegated Holiday Stocking
(Red Heart variegated acrylic yarn, plus felt)
 ANA 2013-9: Striped Appliqued Holiday Stocking
(Mixture of Red Heart acrylic yarns, plus felt)
ANA 2013-10: Baby Pink Crib Cover
(1 10.5 oz Bernat Baby Sport acrylic skein)
(as of July 2013, no longer available, sold)
 ANA 2013-11: Purple Pastels Baby Blanket
(3 skeins Lion Brand Baby Soft acrylics)
(as of June 2013, no longer available, gifted) 
 In close-up

Also "finished' was ANA 2012-103, which was appliqued with just a tiny colorful touch.

Look at the stack of newly completed/tagged/piled up objects. Thankfully, or unfortunately, now the list of UFOs is now down to the one ...

UFO/Public Enemy Number 1
Multi-colored, multi-fibered bane of my existence, started back in 2010.
I need another LONG snow day weekend, so I can work on this thing and get it out of my sight.

MORE importantly, I need a long couple of weeks, so I can take pictures and write text and get all of these things up on etsy.com, do some marketing, and start moving them on out of the Attic.

In the meantime, if you see anything that interests you, please let me know and I'll send you dimensions and pricing.

No comments: