______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vacation Days with Drew: Playtime

Hey there! You lookin' at me? Who loves the Red Sox? This cowboy. (Check out his boots. Not regulation baseball wear.)

Drew had to show off his medal for reading. His dad may have some for his road races, but I think we're all proud of Drew'sliterary laurels. Not only does he love to read about dinosaurs, but thanks to Grandmary's Christmas present, he loves to play with them too.

Most of the time though, he's just monkeying around at the playground, or driving us in circles.


But then, we all get even with TICKLE TIME!


Seriously, it's so nice that I even get to see him so much. Another few years and he'll be too busy with other things, or far too cool to even let me "hang" out near him. These pictures can be deceptive, however, because he will pull a 'tude at the drop of the hat if he's tired, hungry, or thinks things aren't going his way. He actually put himself in time-out once; just walked away in a huff, and took himself off to his room at the grandparents' house, where after we checked on him 20 minutes later discovered he had fallen asleep. When exactly are the terrible "tweens" supposed to start? Because not-quite-7 seems a little early...

No comments: