______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Nathan!

Happy Birthday my little Nathan!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I've seen you.
You've grown so quickly over the last two years.

From this little guy I saw at just a few months old,
to our hair-raising experiences on the RiverTrip,
to hanging out with the whole famdamily at Christmas in 2010.
Look at how big you've gotten!

You were so cute last year,
but thanks to all the photos from your mom and dad's blogs*, I've been able to see your many adventures this past year, including:
going boating with your Papa,

trying to drown out your sisters' noisy antics,working on your driving skills,
lounging with your puppy,
showing off your book learning smartysmarts,and, most importantly,
your adorable little flirty face!
I love you kiddo.
Even though I'm only a face on the computer for now, I hope you know that!

Wish on a birthday candle that I'll see you this year,


Lots of love,

Auntie Nettie


*Many thanks to your folks for letting me shamelessly "borrow" these photos from their blogs.

No comments: